- Department of Energy Approves Presidential Permit for Northern Pass Transmission Line Project November 16, 2017
Transmission system will deliver up to 1090 megawatts of low-emission, reliable hydropower from Quebec, Canada to Deerfield, New Hampshire.
- DOE National Laboratory Resumes Operation of U.S. Transient Test Reactor November 15, 2017
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) achieved an important step towards restoring U.S. nuclear energy transient testing capability.
- Secretary of Energy Rick Perry Announces Expanded Partnership Opportunities with the National Laboratories November 13, 2017
Authorization comes after the Agreements for Commercializing Technology pilot successfully completed a six-year pilot study.
- DOE Joins Congressional Delegation During Visit to Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands November 9, 2017
Officials visit islands to assess damages and discuss ongoing recovery efforts in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria.
- Department of Energy Cites Savannah River Nuclear Solutions, LLC for Worker Safety and Health Program Violation November 8, 2017
The violation is associated with worker retaliation by SRNS against an employee at the Savannah River Site in 2015.
- Department of Energy Announces Five New Projects Through BIRD Energy Partnership with Israel November 1, 2017
Selected clean energy projects will receive $4.8 million through Binational Industrial Research and Development program.
- Statement from Secretary of Energy Rick Perry on DOE’s Regulatory Review Report to the President October 25, 2017
Secretary of Energy Rick Perry issues statement on the Energy Department's regulatory review report to the President.
- Department of Energy Statement in Response to FERC Public Comments October 25, 2017
Energy Department Press Secretary issues statement about FERC public comments.
- DOE Announces New Funding Opportunity to Support Advanced Nuclear Reactor Power Plants October 20, 2017
Energy Department announces up to $20 million in funding for projects as part of a new Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy program.
- Secretary of Energy Rick Perry Met With Young Leaders in the Nuclear Community At the Millennial Nuclear Caucus October 19, 2017
U.S. Department of Energy and the Nuclear Energy Institute host a “Millennial Nuclear Caucus” as part of this year’s Nuclear Science Week.