- Secretary of Energy Rick Perry Announces $36 Million for Projects to Advance Carbon Capture Technologies September 22, 2017
Projects will continue the development of carbon capture technologies to either the engineering scale or to a commercial design.
- Secretary of Energy Rick Perry Announces Integrated Biorefinery Optimization Projects September 20, 2017
Projects will work to solve critical research and developmental challenges encountered for the successful scale-up of integrated biorefineries.
- Secretary of Energy Rick Perry Announces High Performance Computing for Materials Program to Help Industry Develop New, Improved Material... September 19, 2017
Initiative will initially focus on challenges facing industry as they work to develop new or improved materials that can sustain extreme conditions.
- Department of Energy Announces 18 New Projects to Accelerate Production of Macroalgae for Energy and Other Uses September 19, 2017
New projects will develop the tools to enable the United States to become a leading producer of seaweed, helping to improve U.S. energy security.
- Department of Energy National Labs Recognized as International R&D Hub by International Atomic Energy Agency September 18, 2017
The IAEA designation makes the United States one of only three countries identified for unique capabilities and excellence in nuclear research.
- U.S. Department of Energy Authorizes Eagle Maxville Small-Scale Liquefied Natural Gas Exports September 15, 2017
Eagle Maxville authorized to export domestically produced LNG in ISO containers loaded at the Maxville Facility located in Jacksonville.
- Secretary of Energy Rick Perry Announces Nearly $20 Million To Help Commercialize Promising Energy Technologies September 13, 2017
This second Department-wide round of funding through the Office of Technology Transition’s Technology Commercialization Fund will support 54 projects.
- Energy Department Announces Achievement of SunShot Goal, New Focus for Solar Energy Office September 12, 2017
Average price of utility-scale solar is now 6 cents per kilowatt-hour (kWh).
- Energy Department Invests Up to $50 Million to Improve the Resilience and Security of the Nation’s Critical Energy Infrastructure September 12, 2017
Projects to improve the resilience of the Nation's critical energy infrastructure, including the electric grid and oil and natural gas infrastructure.
- U.S. Department of Energy Proposes Expedited Approval for Small-Scale Natural Gas Exports September 1, 2017
A proposed rule aims to provide faster approval of small-scale exports of natural gas, including liquefied natural gas (LNG), from export facilities.